MOTORISTS heading home after the long weekend should continue to allow plenty of extra travel time due to heavy holiday traffic, and an earlier car crash at Marulan.
- Southbound traffic is heavy on the M1 Pacific Motorway from Morisset to Warnervale and near Somersby on the Central Coast, adding around 60 minutes extra travel time.
- Traffic on the Hume Highway at Marulan remains heavy in both directions but is starting to ease.
- Northbound traffic is heavy on the Hume Motorway at Pheasants Nest, adding around 20 minutes extra travel time.
- Northbound traffic is heavy on the M1 Princes Motorway at Waterfall, adding around 15 minutes extra travel time.
- Northbound traffic is heavy on the Princes Highway at Nowra, adding around 10 minutes extra travel time.
Motorists are advised to plan ahead and check the latest traffic information, visit livetraffic.com
MOTORISTS are advised to allow plenty of extra travel time with heavy holiday traffic on a number of major roads.
On the Central Coast and in the Hunter:
- Southbound traffic on the M1 Pacific Motorway is heavy from Morisset to Warnervale, adding around 30 minutes to travel times; and
- Westbound traffic is heavy on Nelson Bay Road at Salt Ash, adding around 15 minutes to travel times.
Motorists are also reminded that double demerits for speeding, seatbelt, mobile phone and motorcycle helmet offences are in play for the duration of the long weekend.
Police have urged motorists to slow down, take care and be patient.
The annual road safety enforcement operation started at 12.01am on Friday and will conclude at 11.59pm tonight (Monday).
Motorists are advised to plan ahead and check the latest traffic conditions at livetraffic.com.