Superstar recruit Shaun Johnson believes he has nothing to prove at Cronulla after being unwanted by the Warriors and finding a new home with the 2016 NRL premiers.
Johnson signed a lucrative three-year deal with the Sharks last month after the Warriors deemed the former world player of the year not worth his million-dollar-a-season price tag.
"They can say what they want. I think both parties are happy with how it's ended and I've got nothing bad to say about the club," the 28-year-old said on Thursday.
"I had eight years there where I got to live out a dream that I had ever since I was a kid.
"So it was a bit of an emotional time but all I'm looking forward to now is just playing some good footy for the Sharks and immersing myself in the community.
"I didn't know much about Cronulla but then you get here and see the style of living, the weather, the beach ... it's all pretty exciting."
The face of the Warriors for almost a decade, Johnson admits he's still coming to terms with how quickly his life has changed over the past fortnight.
"It's weird," he said, adding it would be surreal to face his former teammates for the first time in round 19 next year in Wellington.
"A lot of people expect me to give the answer that 'oh it'll be fine'," he said.
"But, not, it's going to be weird as. I've got some good mates there, some boys I've seen develop into full-blooded first graders that you're around every day for a long time.
"So it's going to be really weird but, at the same time, I know they're going to be feeling the same.
"They'll be getting stuck into me and I'll be giving as much back."
Australian Associated Press