WELDING on a shipping container is thought to have sparked a fire on a property at Wangi Wangi on Thursday.
Acting Commander of Wangi Fire Rescue, Stan Yates, said the fire was reported on the Watkins Road property about 1.45pm.
The Wangi brigade and officers from Toronto attended the blaze.
The fire was contained and extinguished, but the contents of the container - building equipment and materials - was destroyed, Acting Commander Yates said.
Meanwhile, Wangi Fire Rescue is currently looking to fill a part-time paid position.
Acting Commander Yates said more information on the position was available on 4975 1107 or 0407 291803.